Resident Services – Avon Township, Illinois

Avon Townships Social Service Funding – This program will be replacing our Grant Program. Coming Soon

Benefit Access (formerly Circuit Breaker) – Benefit Access is a program available through the Illinois Department of Aging for seniors and disabled. This program may help with a license plate discount. If you qualify for this program, you are eligible for a RTA / METRA Free Ride Pass. You have to apply online for this program. Our staff will assist with filling out the application by appointment only. For more information, please visit the program’s webpage.

ComEd CARE Assistance ProgramComEd offers a range of financial assistance programs to help qualified customers with paying their electric bills, and the company supports energy-assistance programs that help those in need. For the latest information on these programs, visit the program’s webpage.

Community Rooms – The Township’s Administration Center has a community room which can be used for scouting groups, clubs and other non-profit groups at no charge (not for religious, political or for profit groups)Not for public use. Space is limited and we encourage you to stop by and view the dimensions.

Copy & FAX – We will make copies (up to 50 pages) at no charge for any township resident. We can also provide FAX service (up to 25 pages) at no charge to township residents. No business, political or religious advertising.

Diaper Bank – Avon Township is a member of the Diaper Bank Partnership of Lake County. This service can provide up to 30 diapers a month (adult and child) to residents in need. Please donate if you are able.

Emergency Assistance – Emergency Assistance is an assistance program that helps residents alleviate a life-threatening circumstance or to assist in self-sufficiency. Some circumstances may include eviction or past due rent(5 day notice required) & utility disconnection. Applicant must be a township resident and meet the guidelines set forth by the Township Supervisor. Applications are available on the front page of this website.

Food Pantry –  Avon Cares Food Pantry is located within the Township Building and is available to Avon Residents twice a month all other residents are once a month. See Community Links or Check them out on Facebook at Avon Cares or call 847-546-1476

General Assistance – General Assistance is a monthly assistance program that assists with living expenses and may include medical assistance. Applicant must be a township resident and meet the guidelines set forth by The Township Officials of Illinois. Applications are found on the front page of this website.

Handicapped Parking Placard Applications – Applications to receive a permanent or temporary handicapped parking placard are available at the township office. You can bring your completed application to our office. As of 2/21 we are out of Temp. Placards, they will arrive the 1st week of April.To find out more, go to or call our office at 847-546-1446

Illinois Department of Human Services Programs –  You can file an application online at We have paper applications available in English and Spanish at our office and will fax it for you. If you need computer assistance please call for an appointment 847-546-1446

Lake County Prescription Discount Card – This prescription card is for individuals without any prescription coverage or for medicine that your current plan will not cover. It is available to any Lake County resident and free of charge. For more information, please visit the program’s webpage.

Lending Closet – Medical equipment to lend : walkers, crutches, canes, wheelchairs, toilet risers, shower chairs are available. We will loan out (when available) equipment for 90 days at no charge to you. Please call 847.546.1446 to check availability.

LIHEAPLow Income Heating & Energy Assistance Program is an annual assistance program that helps with the high cost of winter heating.You must meet the income guidelines.

Mosquito Control & Abatement – The township has contracted with Clarke Mosquito Control to provide mosquito control and abatement. You can now report standing water issues or high mosquito population levels by going to you can also sign up for notifications just click ‘REGISTER FOR SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS’ at the bottom. Complete the info and create your own password, then click ‘submit’. Your location will be verified to see if you live along an application route.